-1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
-1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar or Meringue Powder or Cornstarch
-1/4 tsp Peppermint Extract
-2 TBS Sugar Free Powdered Sugar (like Lakanto, Swerve, etc)
-1 C Almond Milk
-Optional: crushed candy canes & mini chocolate chips
Make your whipped cream first!
1. Start by putting your mixing bowl & whisk/beaters in the fridge/freezer for 10-30mins so they’re nice and cold.
2. When you’re ready, add the heavy whipping cream and cream of tartar to the bowl and blend until slightly thickened.
3. Add peppermint extract & powdered sugar & beat on high for 4-5 minutes or until cream is fluffy and can stand on its own without falling. Set aside.
4. In a blender, add ice, almond milk, and protein powder and blend until smooth. Add ice as needed to get a soft ice cream like texture and pour into glass.
5. Top with piped or spooned whipped cream, sprinkle with crushed candy cane & mini chocolate chips and enjoy!