Looking for the perfect healthy cookie to bake this holiday season? Our Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Cookies are 100% vegan, refined sugar free and gluten free-- and taste absolutely delicious! These protein cookies were made using our new TrueFit vegan protein powder, which has 20g of plant protein, 12 organic fruits and vegetables, prebiotic fiber, and probiotics.
Yield: 12 cookies
● 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
● 3⁄4 cup (72g) Almond Flour
● 1⁄4 cup (20g) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
● 1 scoop (41g) TrueFit Salted Chocolate Protein Powder
● 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
● 1⁄2 tsp Ginger
● 1⁄4 tsp Cloves
● 1⁄4 tsp Nutmeg
● 1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
● 1⁄4 tsp Salt
● 1⁄4 cup (56g) Coconut Oil
● 1⁄2 cup (85g) Chocolate
● 2 tbsp Unsulphured Molasses (50g)
● 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
● 1⁄4 cup (42g) Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, make the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flax seed with 3 tbsp
water. Set aside to thicken.
4. In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil and chocolate together in the microwave in
20 second intervals.
5. Add the flax egg, melted coconut and chocolate, molasses, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Mix until fully combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Place 1 1⁄2 inch cookie dough balls about two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake the cookies for 4 minutes then bang the baking sheet on the oven rack twice to deflate the cookies slightly. Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.