By: Cambrea Gordon
To celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day, we whipped up these delicious Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins! They may look like the ultimate cheat meal, but don't fret -- these muffins are refined-sugar free, gluten free, and are each packed with 7g of protein. We made these protein muffins with our TrueFit Chocolate meal replacement powder, which has 12 organic fruits and veggies, 25g of grass fed whey protein, prebiotic fiber and probiotics.
Recipe: Yields 6 muffins
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup blanched almond meal
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 scoop TrueFit Chocolate Grass Fed Protein Powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 6 liners.
2. In a small bowl, add the 2 tbsp flax meal and the 1/3 cup of water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the 1/4 cup almond meal, 1/4 cup oat flour, 1 scoop TrueFit Chocolate protein powder, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In another medium sized bowl, mash the banana with a fork until mushy. Then add the 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup coconut milk, and the flax and water mixture. Mix with a spoon to combine.
5. Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together well with a spoon.
6. Once combined, scoop the batter into the liners almost to the top of each liner. You will have 6 muffins. Sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips on top of each.
7. Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. The tops of the muffins should be set and not wet when they're ready.
Total Fats: 16.6g