Is oatmeal a good post workout meal? Absolutely! This protein baked oatmeal is refined sugar free, gluten free, and tastes just like a carrot cake. We made this Baked Oatmeal recipe with our TrueFit Vanilla grass-fed whey protein powder.
For the Baked Oatmeal:
● 1 cup (100g) freshly grated carrots
● 3⁄4 cup (190g) applesauce
● 2 eggs
● 1 cup (227g) milk of choice
● 1⁄4 cup (80g) maple syrup (Grade A)
● 2 cups (178g) rolled oats
● 1 scoop TrueFit Vanilla Protein Powder
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 1 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
● 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
● 1⁄4 tsp ginger
● 1⁄4 tsp salt
● 1⁄2 cup (60g) walnuts or pecans
For the Cream Cheese Icing:
● 2 oz cream cheese (room temp)
● 2 tbsp maple syrup (Grade A)
● 2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8x8 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the carrots, applesauce, eggs, milk, and maple syrup.
3. Add in the rolled oats, TrueFit Vanilla Protein Powder, baking powder, spices, salt, and nuts. Mix until fully combined.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting.
5. Meanwhile, make the icing by mixing the cream cheese, maple syrup, and milk.
Drizzle over baked oatmeal and enjoy.