Recipe by: Sloane Papa
Need a healthy dessert with high amounts of protein? These Cinnamon Churro Snickerdoodle cookies use our Cinnamon Churro TrueFit grass-fed whey protein to give you a healthy, delicious protein-packed cookie!
• 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
• 3⁄4 cup (72g) Almond Flour
• 3⁄4 cup (70g) Gluten Free Oat Flour
• 1 scoop (25g) Cinnamon Churro TrueFit Whey Protein
• 3⁄4 tsp Cream of Tartar
• 1⁄4 tsp Salt
• 1/3 cup (75g) Coconut Oil (melted and cooled)
• 1/3 cup (85g) Tahini
• 1⁄4 cup (78g) Maple Syrup (Grade A)
• 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
• 1 1⁄2 tsp (4g) Cinnamon
• 3 tbsp (30g) Coconut Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, make the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flax seed with 3 tbsp water. Set aside to thicken.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, gluten free oat flour, TrueFit Cinnamon Churro Protein Powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. In a separate, bigger bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, tahini, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add in the flax egg and stir to combine.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until fully combined.
6. Place the cookie dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, make the cinnamon sugar topping by combining the cinnamon and coconut sugar in a small bowl.
7. Using a two tbsp cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough, roll into a smooth ball with your hands, then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet and flatten each of them out to help them spread.
8. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.