Kick start your morning with a two-in-one RSP Nutrition morning protein shake.
TeamRSP members that start their morning off with a workout, love the RSP Coffee Protein Shake recipe. It is an easy way to combine caffeine, protein, and necessary carbs for an optimal workout.
If you love coffee you are probably a huge fan of the latest cold brew coffee trend. However, if you have not turned over to the dark side yet this may convince you: cold brew coffee has more caffeine than drip coffee!
- 1 to 2 cups of ice
- ¾ cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup of cold brewed coffee (unsweetened)
- one chopped frozen banana (optional)
- 1 scoop of RSP Nutrition Whey Protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
There are two ways in which you can make the RSP Coffee Protein Shake. Follow the direction that best fits you.
- Directions - Blended
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- If you like a more liquidy consistency add almond milk to your liking
- For a richer thick shake feel free to experiment with peanut butter or Greek yogurt.
- Directions - Shaken
- In an RSP Shaker add the ice, almond milk, cold brew coffee, and protein powder.
- Do not add the frozen banana
- *Make sure your cap is securely fastened
- Shake vigorously
The shaken option is the more quick and easy way to go if you are in a hurry. However, it does not contain carbs so you may need to take an apple or whole wheat toast to compensate if you are going to workout.
If you want to learn more about when to eat what for best results check out our blog Dietary Timing Is Everything.
Whether your are rushing out of the door or are tired of the amount of food and liquids you need to consume every morning to reach your macros; this RSP Nutrition Coffee Protein Shake meal replacement is perfect for you.
Your can purchase cold brew coffee at your local grocery store but if you are the adventurous type you can attempt to brew it yourself. If you do brew your own cold brew RSP Nutrition would love to hear about your experience.